Protecting Your Teeth While At Home
Protecting your teeth while at home is critical to ensuring your oral health. Most people ignore tooth care not knowing that it can lead to bigger problems. Cavities and gum disease are the two most common dental issues that people experience, and they are both preventable with good oral hygiene habits that start at home.
Tooth decay results from bacteria in your mouth eating away at your teeth. This bacteria forms plaque, a sticky film that coats your teeth. If plaque is not removed daily with a toothbrush and floss, it will harden into tartar. Tartar is difficult to remove and can cause cavities and gum disease.
There are a few simple tips that you can follow to help keep your teeth healthy and free of cavities. Our Miami dental services can help you keep your teeth and gums in top shape and offer you excellent tooth care services with advice on home tooth care along the way
How Important Is At Home Dental Care?
At-home tooth care is very important because it can help prevent dental problems from occurring. By brushing, flossing, and avoiding sugary foods. You can keep your teeth healthy and strong by practicing good dental habits at home and by visiting our dentist every six months for a cleaning and routine checkup. Our dental team can help identify any potential problems early on so they can be treated before they become more serious.
What Suggestions Can You Give Me?
Our recommendation is that ensure you practice good at-home tooth care always, and always have routine checks up with your local dentist. We have a well-experienced team of dentist who will give you more advice about your dental tooth care with just on call.
A Guide To At Home Dental Care
Many at-home tooth care practices will help prevent any unnecessary damage and save you money in the long run, here are a few tips to help with your at home dental routine.
- Brush regularly, brushing your teeth daily keeps them clean and healthy. It also helps remove any plaque or bacteria that can cause cavities or other dental problems and improve your tooth care.
- Avoid consuming a lot of sugary foods or drinks when possible because this increases your risk for cavities and tooth decay.
- Avoid using teeth as tools. For example, don’t use your teeth to open a jar or cut something. This behavior compromises your tooth care, causes damage to the enamel, and makes them more susceptible to chips or breaks.
- If you end up eating sugary foods or drinking something highly acidic, such as soda, then rinse your mouth with water afterward. This can help remove any leftover sugar and decrease its damage to your teeth.
- Regularly flossing removes plaque and bacteria between your teeth and below the gum line where a toothbrush can’t reach. This helps keep your gums healthy and reduces your risk for cavities.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride is a mineral that helps strengthen your teeth and protect them from decay. It can be found in most toothpaste, so make sure to use one that contains it.
- Visit our dentist at least once every six months for a checkup and cleaning. Our dentist will help you identify any problems before they become too severe, such as cavities or gum disease.